Friday, October 29, 2010

Some good videos

I know I haven't been updating the blog as much as I would like to.  I currently have a lot on my plate taking my time up.  So for now, I'll put up some good thought provoking and educational videos that I like:




Two of science's luminaries converse on the beauty of science. Neil deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist and host of NOVA and evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins will explore the wonders of the Cosmos and of Life, its origins, its inspirations, and why science is not just an option, it is the only reality we possess.







Sam Harris is one of my favorite authors with books such as "The End of Faith" and "Letter to a Christian Nation". He is a neuroscientist who has conducted research into the neural basis of belief, disbelief, and uncertainty. People sometimes ask me why I'm so concerned about the proliferation of religion, this does a good job of explaining it.







This is just awe inspiring. The American Museum of Natural History took the scientific data that's been accumulated through years of research and created an animation of the known universe. Everything in the animation is to scale as according to the best scientific research to-date.

No comments:

Post a Comment